The IES seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES will build upon a century of excellence to create the premier lighting community dedicated to promoting the art and science of quality lighting to its members, allied professional organizations, and the public.
We are a non-profit technical society whose purpose is to advance lighting knowledge and disseminate information for the improvement of the lighted environment to the benefit of society.
The Atlanta Section is comprised of engineers, lighting designers, manufacturers, architects, contractors, distributors, and others with a passion for lighting.
This section holds monthly educational meetings to discuss the latest in lighting and industry trends.
Section Officers 2019-2020
- President: Dani Senne, Acuity Brands Lighting
- Vice President: Gray Sessoms, Troy / CSL Lighting
- Secretary: Alessio Urso, LightSmarts
- Treasurer: Melanie Miklowski, Ardd & Winter, Inc.
- Webmaster: Mark C. Fazio, Hera Lighting
- Past-President: Kevin Matthews, Signify
Board of Managers 2019-2020
- Kevin Matthews, Signify
- Slade Holladay, Greenberg Farrow
- Randy Parrish, Smart Lighting Solutions
- Morris Gosa, Thompson Ehle Company
- Jason Hong, Eaton Lighting
- Jeff Chambers, Indoff Energy Solutions
- Addoul Simpore, EIT
- Jeff Beck, Acuity Brands Lighting
- Alessio Urso, LightSmarts